Our Santa Monica office is seeking a Paralegal. Ideal candidates should possess organizational and communication skills, be detail-oriented, resourceful, have the ability to multi-task and shift priorities in response to varying demands.
• Generate standardized legal documents including contracts, bookings, and escrow agreements.
• Review of legal documents, including standard terms and conditions, and perform other legal tasks under the supervision of General Counsel.
• Transmit and obtain signatures on legal documents.
• Track executed legal documents from buyers, artists and managers.
• Work directly with accounting department to ensure processing of incoming contracts and payments required thereunder.
• Data entry into booking system for contracts and bookings.
• Assist General Counsel with administrative, clerical and paralegal tasks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Drive. Proficiency and/or knowledge of InEntertainment (IE) software systems is desired.
• Capacity to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• Prior work experience at an agency or promoter company is desired.
• Good work ethic and business acumen.
• Reliable, responsible, diligent, and punctual.
• Professional in a corporate/business setting.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Education:
• Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
• At least four (4) years of professional experience working in the entertainment industry preferred.
This person will report directly to the General Counsel and must be comfortable as a team player with Assistants and Agents within the agency. This position is potentially in-office or hybrid depending on the circumstances. The annual base salary for this position is $65,000-$70,000. The salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector and other criteria. This position is eligible for benefits.